Join a team of dynamic developers, electronics engineers and designers at the Montréal head office of Ubios. Your main duty will be to contribute to the development of embedded software programs that run on our range of products for the smart house market. In this position, you will be tasked with the following:
- Designing and developing software programs (C, C++) that run on systems based on Atmel AVR and ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Designing communication system architectures in collaboration with the team of cloud developers
- Planning the development of pilots and material libraries in collaboration with the team of electronics engineers
- Designing functional tests drafted by junior developers on our continuous integration platform
- Participating in the design of user environments in collaboration with user experience (UX) designers
We are seeking an individual with a keen interest in embedded systems that can address the electronic constraints of software programs. The individual is able to analyze problems from their scientific and technical perspectives to develop truly innovative technologies. You have a strong professional engineering background or equivalent training and 5 to 10 years of experience in design, software program development, object-oriented architecture and project management in an embedded software environment. Your potential and personality will stand out through these sought-after qualities: leadership, sense of commitment, excellent co-working skills, work structure abilities and rigour in the quality of deliverables.
- Excellent knowledge of embedded systems and related constraints
- Experience in embedded object-oriented language (C++): advanced • Application object-oriented language (C++, Java): intermediate
- Experience in embedded operating systems (RTOS)
- Knowledge of network protocols (Wi-Fi, BLE, ZigBee, IPv4, IPv6, etc.)
- Debugging experience (JTAG)
- Knowledge of Atmel Studio, Arduino, Linux
- Enthusiasm and entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in R&D and product design
- Experience in Agile projects (SCRUM)
- Multi-domain technical knowledge – electronics –cloud programming, Web, etc. – physics, mechanics, design, etc.
- Problem-solving skills
- Languages: French (proficiency), English, others
- Based in Montréal
- Permanent contract
- Employee stock
Please indicate the REM1502S job offer reference when submitting your job application.